بطل فلم وادي الدئاب

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Best Korean Drama for 2013

Best Korean Drama for 2012:


Reply 1997 / 응답하라 1997 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Jung Eun Ji as Sung Shi Won
Seo In Guk as Yoon Yoon Jae
Shin So Yool as Mo Yoo Jung
Hoya as Kang Joon Hee
Eun Ji Won (은지원) as Do Hak Chan
Lee Shi Un as Bang Sung Jae

My Review: This drama is by far the best South Korean TV Drama I have seen so far. The cast, the acting, the directing, the editing, seems so perfect. The series is unique in itself – and no dull moment at all. I kept laughing the whole time I was watching this, but cried at the part where the female lead’s dad diagnosed with cancer. I honestly had the lowest of low expectations of this, but I was shocked when I was proven wrong. And it’s surprisingly great acting by non-experienced actors. Most highly recommended for all of you Korean drama fans!!!


The Innocent Man / 세상 어디에도 없는 착한남자 (Watch it here)

Main Cast: 
Song Joong-Ki
Moon Chae-Won
Park Si-Yeon
Kang Chan-Hee
Park So-Young
Lee Sang-Yeob

My Review: This drama is really gripping! The plot summary offered doesn't even begin to illuminate it. Each of the characters have a fate wrapped up and tangled with one another in a passionate way. It’s the making of a very hot, very cool revenge/love story. I was really surprised how fast this first episode had me completely mesmerized, simply because of the raw emotions that spring from the actors, in particular the acting efforts of Song Joong Ki. You can’t help but despise his first love (Han Jae Hee) who allows him to sacrifice his whole future for her without batting an eye. This show is really intense and it is played well and written well. 10!


Arang and the Magistrate / 아랑사또전 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Lee Jun Ki as Eun Oh
Shin Min Ah as Arang
Yun Woo Jin as Joo Wal
Hwang Bo Ra as Bang Wool
Kwon Oh Joong as Dol Soe
Han Jung Soo as Moo Young
Yoo Seung Ho as The Heavenly Grandfather / Jade Emperor
Park Joon Gyu as King of Underworld

My Review: This drama is different and that’s its goodness and strength. Think quirky and funny. Now take that thought and throw romance, action, a creepy possible serial killer, and the devastatingly awesome Lee Jun Ki and just enjoy Kdrama heaven. Also, I must admit that I have unbelievable expectations for Shin Mina because of “My Girl Friend is a Gumiho”, and luckily I did get what I expected. She did a superb job in this drama. Again, this story is very well written, and cast played their part so well. A great drama with lots of sweet and funny moments that would make you fall in love with the characters. Some scenes will make you giggle like a little kid! I highly recommend this drama.


Faith / 신의 (神醫)(Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Lee Min Ho as Choi Young
Kim Hee Sun as Yoo Eun Soo
Yoo Oh Sung as Gi Cheol
Lee Philip as Jang Bin
Ryu Duk Hwan as King Gong Min
Park Se Young as Princess Nogook
Sung Hoon as Chun Eum Ja
Shin Eun Jung as Hwa Soo In
Lee Byung Joon as Jo Il Sin

My Review: Well, aside from the obvious reason why I'm watching this drama. Yes, I mean Lee Min Ho. lol . The story is good. I love all the characters in this drama. The Woodalchi warriors had captured my heart - not only they are cute, they are also funny. Their funny moments actually helped ease the worries and tensions I felt watching those unfortunate events in this drama. The romance is so sweet, not too lovey-dovey. Some part is a bit slow but you'll still enjoy every bit of it. It's a happy ending by the way, which makes the story even better. I know all Lee Min Ho fans would surely watch this!


Bridal Mask / 각시탈 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Joo Won as Lee Kang To
Jin Se Yun as Mok Dan
Jun Noh Min as Dam Sa Ri
Park Ki Woong as Kimura Shunji
Chun Ho Jin as Kimura Taro
Han Chae Ah as Chae Hong Joo (Ueno Rie)

My Review: At first, I hesitated to watch this because I wasn't so much into historical drama and preferred the comedy/romance kind of story, but I only watched the first part of the first episode and I got hooked. This kinda long but not boring. Thrilling and entertaining. I also love all the characters in this drama. This is where my Joo Won addition started! lol


BIG / 빅 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Gong Yoo as Seo Yoon Jae
Lee Min Jung as Kil Da Ran
Shin Won Ho as Kang Kyung Joon
Suzy as Jang Ma Ri
Jang Hee Jin as Lee Se Young
Jang Hyun Sung as Kang Hyuk Soo

My Review: One of the best. I love this drama, funny, romantic and drama - all in one. I have been laughing almost every single episode. The story was so lovely that makes you crave for more. I had fallen in-love with the characters, but I was a bit upset with the ending. But I finally am getting over it. The main actors did a great job. And now, I think its okay not to show the face of the man under the green umbrella. At least it was a happy ending.


A Gentleman's Dignity /신사의 품격 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Jang Dong Gun as Kim Do Jin
Kim Ha Neul as Seo Yi Soo
Kim Soo Ro as Im Tae San
Kim Min Jong as Choi Yoon
Lee Jong Hyuk as Lee Jung Rok
Yoon Se Ah as Hong Se Ra
Kim Jung Nan as Park Min Sook

My Review: It’s original and shrewdly written; entertaining and funny; moving and profound without being cheesy. The actors are compelling; the pace is perfect; not to mention music and photography, which are vividly charming. This is a Sex and the City male version kinda story. Funny and entertaining. One of the best for 2012!


Time Slip Dr. Jin / 타임슬립 닥터 진 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Song Seung Hun as Jin Hyuk
Park Min Young as Yoo Mi Na / Hong Young Rae
Kim Jaejoong as Kim Kyung Tak
Lee Bum Soo as Lee Ha Eung
Lee So Yeon as Choon Hong
Jin Yi Han as Hong Young Hwi

My Review: I love this drama but I am a bit disappointed with the ending. Though it’s a happy ending, but I thought they could make the ending so much better. Or maybe, I just happened to expect a lot from this drama. And I hate how they kind of actually killed all those characters that were a little interesting and had some real back story going! But overall, the whole drama is definitely worth watching. 


Queen In Hyun's Man / 인현왕후의 남자 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Ji Hyun Woo as Kim Boong Do
Yoo In Na as Choi Hee Jin
Kim Jin Woo as Han Dong Min
Ga Deuk Hi as Jo Soo Kyung
Park Young Rin (박영린) as Yoon Na Jung

My Review: A must watch drama! The leads have a great chemistry, they are so cute! The story line is really good and it's not short in kissing scenes, especially the last episode is just amazing! This drama got me curious. Swapping between times, that are 300 years apart. I love this sort of imaginative dramas, that have a whole lot of scope of "what if". This is one of the best dramas I've watched this year.


The King 2 Hearts / 더킹 투하츠 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Lee Seung Ki as Lee Jae Ha
Kang Han Byul (강한별) as young Jae Ha
Ha Ji Won as Kim Hang Ah
Jo Jung Suk as Eun Shi Kyung
Yoon Je Moon as Kim Bong Goo / John Mayer
Lee Yoon Ji as Lee Jae Shin

My Review: The acting in this drama is superb. Excellent plot, soundtrack, balance of action drama and romance - it goes without saying that you are on to a winner. With every episode I am entertained, moved to laughter or tears (sometimes both) and I am thoroughly fascinated by the characters. I would highly recommend it.


Rooftop Prince / 옥탑방 왕세자 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Micky Yoochun as Yong Tae Yong / Lee Gak
Han Ji Min as Park Ha / Bu Yong
Lee Tae Sung as Yong Tae Moo
Jung Yoo Mi as Hong Se Na / Hwa Yong
Lee Min Ho as Song Man Bo
Choi Woo Shik as Do Chi San

My Review: This is hilarious!!! I laughed like mad watching most of the episodes. Rooftop Prince is a truly an amazing drama series. Since watching The Moon That Embraces The Sun, I got really interested in watching Korean movie or drama that deals with the Joseon era. But Rooftop Prince has a twist that is unique since the Joseon era characters are literally transported to the present times. For those seeking a good combination of crying and laughing, intrigue and thrill, Rooftop Prince does not fail to deliver. All the characters are superbly played by really talented actors. They really bring out the best in the story. So for those who just want to relax without being too tensed, this is a drama series I highly recommend. For those who want to feed their dramacrazy addiction, you will be delighted!.


The Moon That Embraces the Sun / 해를 품은 달 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Kim Soo Hyun as Lee Hwon
Han Ga In as Heo Yeon Woo / Wol
Jung Il Woo as Prince Yang Myung
Lee Min Ho as young Yang Myung
Kim Min Seo as Yoon Bo Kyung
Kim So Hyun as young Bo Kyung

My Review: Just finished watching the final episode, bitter sweet ending. Kim Soo Hyun was so cute and innocent when he acted silly and all. This is so far the best Historical Romance Drama that I have ever watched. The beginning was so intriguing that I could not stop watching. The plot of the story doesn't start off slow, and gets to the point fast enough so the viewer won’t get bored. The young cast in this drama was well picked. They are so adorable, that I can’t stop watching. The romantic parts between the two young lovers in this drama are so cute, I can’t help falling in love with them.

Best Korean Drama for 2011:

Flower Boy Ramen Shop / 꽃미남 라면가게 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Jung Il Woo as Cha Chi Soo
Lee Chung Ah as Yang Eun Bi
Lee Ki Woo as Choi Kang Hyuk
Park Min Woo as Kim Ba Wool
Jo Yoon Woo as Woo Hyun Woo

My Review: Don’t you just love it when you get into a drama with low expectations and be so pleasantly surprised?! I sure as hell do! This has to be one of the best dramas I’ve ever seen, without even being bias for Jung Il Woo, the story is well laid out, the actors all together are so fitting for it’s cartoonic comedy and everything is so close to being perfect if not perfect. And I totally love that each episode has a theme that ties in to the larger plot. Every single second makes you smile at the very least if not crack out laughing. Jung Il Woo and Lee Chung Ah’s acting is so striking and funny, really one of the best pairs I've seen in a long time. Not to mention their unbelievably matching chemistry and the way their romance develops. And this drama is just so full of hotness, it captures you the second you watch it. This show has heart, definitely a MUST WATCH! 


City Hunter / 시티헌터 (Watch it here

Main Cast 
Lee Min Ho as Lee Yoon Sung / John Lee / Poo Chai
Park Min Young as Kim Na Na
Lee Joon Hyuk as Kim Young Joo

My Review: Wow what can I say? Lee Min Ho sheds his old skin and reveals his acting chops in this drama. I was absolutely blown away by the first episode of this drama, it had everything a drama should have! If you like action and romance, this is the perfect drama for you! I was attached and drawn to the characters within the first 15 minutes of this drama, I felt their pain when they felt pain, I laughed when they laughed. I highly recommend this.


Heartstrings / 넌 내게 반했어 (Watch it here)

Main Cast

Jung Yong Hwa as Lee Shin
Park Shin Hye as Lee Kyu Won
Song Chang Ui as Kim Suk Hyun
So Yi Hyun as Jung Yoon Soo
Woo Ri as Han Hee Joo
Kang Min Hyuk as Yeo Joon Hee

My Review: I watched the first episode twice and I liked it so much. Park Shin Hye's character was great and her acting was so good, while Young Hwa's personality was really different from his personality in You’re Beautiful. You’ll find all sorts of relationships; love, friendship, parental around these characters. Everyone lives their own thing offering spice and substance to this drama. Everyone has their mountain to conquer in their own way. I did enjoy every minute of it! I sincerely invite you to watch this one!


Baby-Faced Beauty / 동안미녀 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Jang Na Ra as Lee So Young
Choi Daniel as Choi Jin Wook
Ryu Jin as Ji Seung Il
Kim Min Seo as Kang Yoon Seo

My Review: This drama was not what I expected at first! It was so much better. It slowly drew me in with a brief, yet detailed scheme of the characters. I dear say I won’t judge any relationship based on age ever again. The ending made great deal of sense yet I wished it wasn’t so rushed. I also wish president and her to be together, which - i know doesn’t compared to her the other guy growing bond. Putting that aside the pace of each episode was all was at a height continuous story climax. I, being a lover of reading could not predicted the next move in this show. Overall this show will only apply to the viewers who are seeking for a bite of less drama and more up to date life decision.


Lie To Me / 내게 거짓말을 해봐 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Yoon Eun Hye as Gong Ah Jung
Kang Ji Hwan as Hyun Ki Joon
Sung Joon as Hyun Sang Hee
Jo Yoon Hee as Oh Yoon Joo

My Review: If you are looking for something exciting, romantic, fresh, heartrending, comedy, and little bit childish and heartbreaking well you saw a right Korean drama in front of you. You will see how sweet and hilarious in the few first episodes and as the episodes goes on you will be filled with sweet romance. Yoon Eun Hye performed an extraordinary job, as always. Amazing actress. I never saw other drama with Kang Ji Hwan, well his interpretation is good as well. I LOVE THIS DRAMA VERY MUCH….


Dream High / 드림하이 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Bae Suzy as Go Hye Mi
Taecyeon as Jin Guk / Hyun Shi Hyuk
Kim Soo Hyun as Song Sam Dong
Ham Eun Jung as Yoon Baek Hee
Wooyoung as Jason
IU as Kim Pil Sook

My Review: This drama shows what a dream like. There are so much dialogue reminding me why I used to dream and how happy I used to be. Furthermore it makes me to dream again. Their shining spirits are so brilliant to make me blind. Beautiful young people and their heart touching singing and breathe taking dance! I recommend that you watch it as well. I got so involved that I couldn't stop watching it. I love it so much! The main girl in this you will hate her at first but then you realize that she is just the way she is for a reason, and it’s a good one at that. I guarantee for sure to those want to see this drama, you’ll never get bored.


My Princess / 마이 프린세스 (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Kim Tae-hee as Lee Seol
Jun Min Seo as young Seol
Song Seung-hun as Park Hae-young
Choi Won Hong as young Hae-young

My Review: Because of this drama, I think im going crazy, just 5 minutes ago I laughed so hard, and then less than 5 minutes later I cried hysterically. The story is beautifully polished, fresh and catchy, even though the plot is a little bit cliche yet the plot is still complicated and cliffy. Lee Seul and Hae Young are very cute together. The characters are good and strong. Their acting is also very good, I was even tried to throw a sandal over my monitor once because Yoon Ju made me really really mad. Hae young is really responsible, professional, calm and controlled, yet he could be really really sweet and romantic sometimes. His sacrifices for Lee Seul are really unexpected and really touching, they way they tried to support each other is really sweet and funny. I love this story!

Best Korean Drama in 2010:


Sungkyunkwan Scandal / 성균관 스캔들 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Micky Yoochun as Lee Sun Joon
Park Min Young as Kim Yoon Hee
Song Joong Ki as Goo Yong Ha
Yoo Ah In as Moon Jae Shin
Seo Hyo Rim as Ha Hyo Eun
Kim Min Seo as Cho Sun
Jun Tae Soo as Ha In Soo

My Review: This drama is excellent! I usually hate epic Joseon drama, but this one is different. There is nothing that disappoints me about this drama. Everything is good, characters, actors, plot, story. I’ve cried and laughed throughout the drama. Micky’s acting was good. The actress really played her role well. And Soong Joonki, Ah In and Micky was undeniably handsome. Through the whole 20 episodes you won’t stop smiling and enjoying every bit of it. After this, it's going to be hard to be fair with other dramas. Must see for comedy, cuteness and good clean romance and friendship.


Secret Garden / 시크릿 가든 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Hyun Bin as Kim Joo Won
Ha Ji Won as Gil Ra Im
Yoon Sang Hyun as Choi Woo Young / Oska (Joo Won's cousin)
Kim Sa Rang as Yoon Seul
Lee Philip as Im Jong Soo
Lee Jong Suk as Han Tae Ssun
Yoo In Na as Im Ah Young

My Review: Normally, when I start a drama I look at casting and the plot-line of the story. Most of them are the same - one rich, one poor, they fall in love, a villain and some sort of love triangle. Now, cliches are fun but they get old and boring quite quickly. However, Secret Garden is a little different from the rest. Not just the fantasy role switching but the way the characters are portrayed and the way their feelings roll with their personalities. It’s quite interesting and I like how everything isn’t just black and white, it twist and it turns and I find myself asking why in the world they do the things they do only receive answers in the strangest ways. Overall, I freaking love it!


Prosecutor Princess / 검사 프린세스 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Kim So Yun as Ma Hye Ri
Park Shi Hoo as Seo In Woo
Han Jung Soo as Yoon Se Joon
Choi Song Hyun as Jin Jung Sun
Yoo Gun as Lee Min Suk
Park Jung Ah as Jeni Ahn
Lee Jong Suk as Lee Woo Hyun

My Review: Honestly, I hated the main female lead in the beginning, but heck that changed. Usually if I don’t like the lead’s attitude, chances are I won’t continue watching the drama. However, it got better & better! This drama is refreshing to watch and Park Shi Hoo is hot which made it no trouble to watch. The male lead is just a dreamboat. It had some sad moments which made me cry, but overall it’s funny. The characters are believable and I felt the chemistry between them. It’s so good and I truly recommend it.


Personal Taste / 개인의 취향 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Son Ye Jin as Park Kae In
Lee Min Ho as Jeon Jin Ho
Kim Ji Suk as Han Chang Ryul
Wang Ji Hye as Kim In Hee
Choi Eun Seo as Na Hye Mi
Im Seul Ong as Kim Tae Hoon

My Review: I started watching this drama because I had enjoyed Lee Min Ho’s performance in Boys Before Flowers. If you loved Gu Jun Pyo, then you’ll love Jeon Jin Ho! This drama got all the ingredients of a good love story: selfishness, selflessness, sacrifice, tears, redemption, etc. And above all else, a happy, satisfying ending. The Summery of the drama sounded very similar to a movie I had seen but not to original. Boy was I wrong. It was not what I expected at all. While the plot sounds light and funny (which it is) it also deals with some very deep issues. In my opinion the writers of this drama have done a great job of keeping things fun yet making you think about the way people are treated based on stereo types, instead of who they really are as human beings. If you are looking for something fun and romantic to watch, you will not be disappointed. I really enjoyed watching this drama and I recommend this to anyone.


My Girlfriend is a Gumiho / 내 여자친구는 구미호 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Lee Seung Ki as Cha Dae Woong
Shin Min Ah as Gumiho / Park Sun Joo / Gil Dal
No Min Woo as Park Dong Joo
Park Soo Jin as Eun Hye In

My Review: I was hesitating whenever to watch this or not because I usually don’t like fictional drama’s (by that I mean things that aren't "real" etc.) but I decided to watch it anyway because it had such good ratings. I’m so glad I did because I ended up loving it so much! It has everything from drama, comedy, action and suspense. The plot is really interesting and different. You never really know what’s going to happen. I was sitting at the edge of my seat, watching episode after episode! And I can’t get enough. I wish this was longer because it’s so good. Don’t miss out of this one of a kind Kdrama.


Mary Stayed Out All Night / 매리는 외박중 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Moon Geun Young as Wi Mae Ri
Jang Geun Suk as Kang Moo Kyul
Kim Jae Wook as Byun Jung In
Kim Hyo Jin as Seo Joon

My Review: To be perfectly honest, I wasn't feeling this drama right away. The first half was light and easy to watch, but felt generally fluffy and inconsequential. I liked it, but didn't love it. I guess a drama with a great cast isn't enough, and directing and writing are even more crucial. But anyhow, I still learn to like it as I watch the cast gamely doing their best despite the thought that it feels like it is falling apart along the way. Kudos to them!


King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo / 제빵왕 김탁구 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Yoon Shi Yoon as Kim Tak Goo
Eugene as Shin Yoo Kyung
Joo Won as Goo Ma Joon
Lee Young Ah as Yang Mi Sun

My Review: I honestly didn't expect too much with this drama. I thought this will be another long-boring-family-drama. But heck, I was wrong. There was never a part or moment where I thought of it as boring. Every episode kept me on my feet and in suspense. The story-line and plot were really genius and the actors were nothing short of incredible in their performance. And not to mention it ended with a really good rating - 49.3% and it’s a happy ending.


It's Okay, Daddy's Girl / 괜찮아, 아빠 딸 (Watch it here)

Main Cast:
Moon Chae Won as Eun Chae Ryung
Choi Jin Hyuk as Choi Hyuk Gi
Lee Hee Jin as Eun Ae Ryung
Jun Tae Soo as Park Jong Suk
Kang Sung as Jung Jin Goo
Lee Dong Hae as Choi Wook Gi
Kang Min Hyuk as Hwang Yeon Doo

My Review: Honestly, I just recently finished this one and I liked this drama but kept thinking that it could have been better. I watched this because of Choi Jin Hyuk and Moon Chae Won. This drama, despite its many flaws, had me hooked. It’s a simple, and yet heart-warming drama. Watch it without expectations, and you will learn to love it as well.


Dong Yi / 동이 (同伊) (Watch it here)

Main Cast
Han Hyo Joo as Choi Dong Yi, later Choi Sook-Bin
Kim Yoo Jung as Dong Yi (child)
Ji Jin Hee as King Sook Jong
Lee So Yeon as Jang Hee-Bin / Jang Ok Jung
Bae Soo Bin as Cha Chun Soo
Jung Jin Young as Seo Yong Gi
Park Ha Sun as Queen In Hyun

My Review: Honestly, this is the first historical drama that I have watched and finished without skipping episodes. It’s safe to say I am totally in-love with this drama from episode 1 to its last episode. Watching Dong Yi felt a bit like watching a daily drama. It was pleasant and charming to see the development of them as a romantic couple. This is a good drama. But if you can’t survive watching a 60-episode-long drama then this isn’t for you. But just so you know - it’s worth it.
Share:

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

ما هو افضل مسلسل لسنة 2020 ؟
مسلسل الهندي مملكة الحب
مسلسل تركي الحفرة
مسلسل وادي الذئاب
Created with Quiz Maker

Blog Archive

Pages

Theme Support